Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spenser Welding and Color Correcting Photos.

I took this picture of Spenser doing some welding on Saturday. I had the camera on auto and this is what it took. I really like this pic and even the way the weld flash messed with the camera's sensors. I think it's a really cool look. Then I decided to see if I could make it look more like what the room really looked like when I took the shot. Thanks to the magic of Photoshop I was able to do that. Just remember if a picture doesn't look quite right, but is still a good shot you can take advantage of the file being digital and make it the way you want. I adjusted the levels just a little and then shifted the color balance on the shadows and highlight levels. Play around with the controls and just remember that if you don't like it, just undo it. You'll be amazed at what you can come up with.


The original shot with the room given a yellowish look.


Color adjusted and looking more like real life.

I REALLY do like to get pictures of stuff being created. We need to get our hands dirty more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment