Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pictures Of The Mansion At Carnton Plantation.

Here are the pictures I took of the house at Carnton. Since it was New Years Day the house was closed but you could still get on the grounds through the cemetery. When you get to the picture of the sign, take the time to read it. The tale of this house and its part in the battle and aftermath of the battle is very interesting.


From inside the cemetery.


A little closer, but still inside the cemetery.


On the back lawn looking at the rear porch. The just repainted the porch and the caution tape was still up.


I forgot to change the settings on my camera when I took the pic. It's easier to read in B&W anyway :)


I love these style porches. I have a smaller version of this on the front of my house now.


The front of the house.


Looking up the sidewalk from the gate.


A little closer. Last time we were here it was snowing so this is really the first time I've been able to walk around in the front yard and take pics.


Another angle


A tree over in the house's garden. The limbs of this one are making some really cool shapes.

As I said, look into this place it's worth the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment